Tuesday, October 12, 2004

DDD (10/12) - check the TV listings

There are several print and on-line television listing services. Today's DDD focuses on my favorite TV service: TitanTV. TitanTV (TTV) provides a highly customizable view of what's on television up to two weeks in advance. All you do is enter your zip code and indicate who your cable or satellite provider is. You can also get the regular over the air listings, which is fantastic for me since I receive free HDTV over the air using nothing more than an HDTV receiver and regular rabbit ears from Terk! Once you've got TTV customized, it's just a quick click away for your personalized listings:


There are also advanced features such as automatic PVR recording and setting reminders for upcoming shows. I use the latter feature to add a reminder to my Outlook calendar, which then synchs up with my SPOT Watch. The end result is a calendar event on my wrist, so that I don't schedule anything during my favorite show. TitanTV is free, so click the post title for your television listings.


Trackback links

1 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 3:22 AM, Blogger John said...

I'm a fan of the Titan TV service too, it was the only one that actually came up with the correct channels in my area right off the bat. I'm having issues getting it to export reminders to Outlook, if you have any tips that would be great, since it seems to work for you.

Right now it just comes up with an error message that my browser (I've tried both Firefox and IE) security settings don't allow creating reminders.

Thanks,
John Dugan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link