Thursday, October 07, 2004

First use of Ipodder

Message
Woke up this morning and what did I see?  Nothing really, but I did hear something: the Podcasts that Ipodder pulled for me while I was sleeping.  As I indicated last night, with zero configuration Ipodder saved the audio blogs to C:\Program Files\Ipodder\Downloads.  What I also noticed was that there were Playlist shortcuts for the Podcasts where I have all of my other audio media.  All I needed to do then was to use Windows Media Player 10 to sync the Podcast playlists to my digital audio device...more on what that is in a later "DDD" post.
So, let's recap where we're at now:  I've installed Ipodder and subscribed to a few audio feeds.  Based on a setting in the software that I chose, Ipodder checks every 2 hours for new audio feeds on those channels.  When I get up in the morning, I connect my digital audio device (no, I'm still not giving away which one it is!) to my laptop and use WMP 10 to sync the audio from the laptop to the portable device.  I'll be looking more at WMP to see if I can "auto sync" these files rather than manually pick and choose...details to follow.
End result: I have roughly 3 hours of audio content that I've chosen to listen to whenever and wherever I want.  It's a digital world and all is well!


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link