Thursday, October 21, 2004

Samsung's 5MP camera phone; convergence success?

Message
Convergence; you're either for it or against it.  I tend to be against it, mainly because I don't often see it successfully done.  Why should I pay extra for more functions in a device when each of those functions is watered down from a single use device?  Take camera phones for example.  We have a 5MP digital camera, which is more than good enough for our use.  It takes great pictures and is simple to use.  Now take a cellular phone with a 1MP camera.  Sure, it's convenient to have a camera in the phone, but I'm used to the photo quality of the camera, so to me this is a convergence failure.  Samsung may have changed my mind today however.  They announced a 5MP camera phone, which is more appealing to me.  I would give up a 5MP camera if I could get a simple to use same resolution camera in my phone.  To me, that's the true measure of convergence success.  What do you think about convergence?  Love it or hate it?
 
 


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link