Tuesday, October 19, 2004

We interrupt this broadcast...

Message
Just a quick post to explain the interruption in my blogging, which is unintentional.  As I try to expand my miniscule presence in the "digital world", I basically am finding myself doing many things "half-assed" as I'm spread thin; by choice of course, but that doesn't help the situation.  Ideally, I would like to find a way to make a living by fully immersing myself in technology; writing reviews, news, tutorials, etc...  I do currently post items on PocketPCTools.com which has lit the fire underneath me to pursue this evolving dream.  However, even there I am finding it difficult to give it the time it deserves.  Work and homelife have their own unique demands and certainly have to take some precedence.  My new goal therefore, is to build a plan to eventually leave my full time position and make a career change.  The difficulty lies in the fact that (and I never thought I would say this), I am unfortunately paid very well at my full time position.
So the challenge is laid before me: find a way to transition careers without sacrificing too much salary in the process.  In the meantime, I'll continue to build the posts in this blog and continue to support the PPC community over at PocketPCTools.com.  Thoughts and ideas on the transitional process are more than welcome....more to follow as details unfold!


Trackback links

2 Comments:

At 10/19/2004 9:18 PM, Blogger James Kendrick said...

Join the half assed crowd. :)

 
At 10/20/2004 5:46 PM, Blogger Kevin C. Tofel said...

Thanks for the encouragement, but your version of "half-assed" is light years ahead of mine!

KCT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link