Thursday, November 04, 2004

Change in ebook - Antrax

I've just completed Ilse Witch from Terry Brooks and have moved on to the next book in the series, Antrax. Terry is an outstanding author and a genuinely nice person; I've met him at two book signings over the past 10 years and he was generous enough to personalize and autograph all of my hardcover editions of his books. I have roughly 10 of them, so this was no small task for him over two signings!

For those not familiar with Terry, his first novel, The Sword of Shannara was published in 1977. I can vividly remember purchasing that book when I was roughly 10 years old in New York City. I was on a Cub Scout trip to the U.S.S. Intrepid and afterwards, we went to the World Trade Center. As a young boy who marvelled over Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, I was drawn to Terry's novel. Since then, Terry has written a prequel and several series all stemming from that book. All in all, Terry has written 19 novels and each of the 19 was a New York Times bestseller. His fantastic writing is evidenced by the fact that he was entrusted to write the novelization of George Lucas's "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace". If you are at all into great fantasy, I highly recommend Terry Brooks. I would start with The Sword of Shannara, and if you check eReader.com, they typically sell the series in bundles at a great discount. Now if only Terry could sign my eBook copies.... ;>) Click this post title for a full bibliography.


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link