Friday, November 19, 2004

Final novel in "The Voyage of the Jerle Shannara" series

It seems like it was only a few weeks ago that downloaded the eBook "Antrax"...oh wait...it was. Well, I've plowed through that Terry Brooks novel and grabbed the final one in this trilogy today from eReader. It took me 15 days to read "Antrax", which got me thinking: do I actually read more often now that I solely read eBooks?

I think I do read more often, and I'm not counting any on-line reading of web sites, blogs and the like. Since I take my Toshiba e805 with me everywhere I go, I literally have an entire library with me at my side. To give you an idea of how many books I could "carry" with me, I have a 256MB Compact Flash storage card. Currently, you can pick up a card like for roughly $20. Each of my eBooks is approximately 5ooKB, so in theory, I could store about 500 books on the card. This type of convenience is crucial to finding time to read; even if it's just 5 minutes here and there. If you're not familiar with eBooks, I suggest taking a peek at the eReader site. You can download their free Reader software and even some free books to see if you like the format.

On a related sidenote, I sent an e-mail to the French company, Bookeen, today. Bookeen manufactures the Cybook, which is a standalone eBook device that is capable of reading various eBook formats. I've indicated to the Bookeen folks that I write for various websites and I'm also an extremely avid eBook reader. I've asked if they have a returnable demo unit of their Cybook so that I can review it for other eBook advocates.

Are there any other eBook fanatics out there? Let me know if eBooks allow you to read more or if you think you'll stick with good ol' print books!


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link