Monday, November 29, 2004

IE market share continues drop

A few weeks ago, I wrote about the release of Mozilla's open source browser, Firefox. Short of a few key sites that don't display quite right for me, I've dumped Internet Explorer and any browsers built on IE. Firefox simply has more functionality, is less prone to virus or other attacks and allows for add-ons such as extensions and themes. Using my web stat counting service, I pulled this interesting graph up this morning:



It looks to me like the Interet Explorer folks should be worried, if they aren't already. eWeek reported last week that IE continues to lose market share: "Global usage share numbers released Monday by OneStat.com showed Mozilla Foundation browsers increasing to a 7.4 percent share from 2.1 percent in May. Meanwhile, Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer dropped 5 percentage points to 88.9 percent during the same six-month period."


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link