Friday, November 19, 2004

KCT: "International Man of Mystery"?

I've recently switched the web statistic service I use for this site for a couple of reasons that I won't go into here. One of the interesting features of the new service, StatCounter, is the many graphs of information that are provided. For those unfamiliar with web statistics, a service provider gathers basic information by all web site vistors. The webmaster can then review the statistics in order to target the appropriate content and design to various visitors. For example, if I see that most people view this site in 800 x 600 resolution, I'll know that my digital pictures don't need to be any bigger than that; it would be a waste of file space and isn't effective for people to download any more of a image than they can view.



I particularly like the statistics that tell me what country my visitors are from. As you can see in the graph above, 70% are from the United States, which is where I'm based. However, 30% clearly come from elsewhere, which underscores the vast reach of the Digital World. From time to time, I'll share interesting statistics like this. If you have any questions about what types of information available, drop me a note!


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link