Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Plea for Help #1

OK, it's the holiday season I'm looking for some holiday spirit. My good friend James Kendrick (aka: jk of jkOnTheRun), who has been instrumental in my blogging and tech writing needs our help.

Aside from entertaining and informing the tech world on a daily basis for free, jk has a real job as a consultant that pays. At least, it usually pays. However, his career hit a major speed bump today:

"You may not know but I have been an independent consultant for two years (not in the IT industry). In 2003 and early 2004 I did a lot of work for a client who has not paid me. This client owes me tens of thousands of dollars and I have been working with him to get paid. This situation has put me in a tenable financial position for the past few months but after getting an agreement to get paid this week I thought we would be able to pull out of this hole. Yesterday I was informed through his attorney he couldn't / wouldn't pay me and I would have to sue him to get the compensation I am owed for work done on his client's behalf."

I'm personally asking you to do whatever you can for jk, given this holiday time of year. I'm sure that none of you would want to be in his situation, so please think about a contribution, no matter how small. Click this post title for jkOnTheRun and consider clicking his PayPal button next. If you're unable to do that, I certainly understand; think about keeping jk and his family in your prayers.


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link