Thursday, December 30, 2004

Update on "stealth" surfing

A few days ago, I posted about the StealthSurfer that runs on a USB drive so that your history & cookies aren't left behind on a PC. I checked in with John Haller, who developed a portable version of Firefox earlier this year. John's application is similar in concept, as it runs the Firefox browser off of a USB drive. I asked John about "private" surfing with his portable browser and he replied back with the following:

"If you're interested in stealth surfing, try using the pre-built anonymous profile for Portable Firefox I made. It will cover all your tracks AND use multiple anonymous proxies around the world, switching once a minute."

If you want a portable browser with some privacy, I recommend John's solution.



Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link