Friday, January 07, 2005

ActiveSync upgraded and nobody cares

Microsoft released a new, upgraded version of the ActiveSync program, taking the version up from 3.7.1 to 3.8. The ultra-detailed explanation of the upgrades features are as follows from the Microsoft site:

"Microsoft ActiveSync 3.8 is the latest synchronization software for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs and Smartphones. ActiveSync 3.8 contains fixes making synchronization more trouble free than ever before and includes all the significant improvements brought to you in ActiveSync 3.5, 3.6, and 3.7.1: it is easy to install and use while offering the best levels of reliability."

Hmm....let me re-read that. I must have missed the compelling reason to download the 3.9 megabyte installation package......hmmm......nope, I didn't miss it. Fact is: the compelling reason isn't there! Numerous websites have reported the "big news", but nobody truly understands what it means!

This could be the best, most stable version of ActiveSync to date. Unfortunately, there's only one way to find out: back up you Windows Mobile handheld or Smartphone and upgrade to see what happens. After much consideration, I decided not to upgrade my version. Frankly, we expect all of the "no-name" developers to disclose exactly what their software does. Microsoft: I expect the same from you!

If you're remotely curious to get the upgrade, click the post title.



Trackback links

1 Comments:

At 8/23/2005 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got that version.
Simply it really sucks.
As all Micro$oft software is full of bugs and unstable.
Im tired of losing contacts and important notes.
I have a 700€ Pocket PC, and thanks to Micro$oft I can't even take notes on it. I finally decided to take notes on paper.
Micro$oft and al their buggy crap has retarded the computer world many years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link