Saturday, January 29, 2005

Get MS Office for the home at $50 per license!

OK, you have to "qualify" for this, but bear with me because chances are: you qualify! With my new Tablet PC purchase, I decided it was time to stop using Office 2000 and get the latest and greatest. If you have looked at the price of Office 2003 (either the upgrade or the standalone version), you know as well as I that it's no inexpensive proposition! I have no issue with Microsoft making money for good software, but you can literally spend up to $400+ if you purchase a new version!

Click "Read More" for the specifics.

Undaunted, I was bound to find a less expensive, but still legal, way to purchase Office 2003. Enter the Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition 2003. When I first saw this, I thought, "Hmmm...must be a watered down version of Office or maybe it's what they now call Microsoft Works". Boy was I wrong. This edition contains the 2003 versions of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and carries an MSRP of $149! Not only that, but it is licensed for non-commercial use on up to 3 PC's bringing the per PC license down to $50 suggested retail! I often see the package as low as $119, so watch your local computer software store for specials.



What about the qualifications? No problem for a large majority of you. Here you go:

- Full time student
- Home-schooled student
- Full or part time faculty or staff of an accredited educational institution
- Member of a household meeting any of the above criteria (I'm betting this is most of you)
To see if you qualify, check the official site at Microsoft. This is a fantastic way to legally procure the most used applications in the Office suite. Sure, it doesn't contain Access but neither does the Office Standard Edition. In fact, this is the same software as the Standard Edition and provides three licenses! What a deal!

I'm curious how many of you take advantage of this. I have no affiliate status and gain no income if you purchase this software, but please let me know if buy it by sending me a short Thank You note.


Trackback links

1 Comments:

At 1/29/2005 7:53 PM, Blogger James Kendrick said...

I've been doing this for a couple of years ever since my kids got old enough to use Word and PowerPoint for projects. It is a sweet deal for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link