Monday, January 17, 2005

iBod for your iPod

I'm sure I'll take some heat for this, but this just goes to show you how far the Apple iPod brand can reach. It's hit a major "gentlemens" magazine, started by one Hugh Hefner over 50 years ago. I'll leave the name out and let you guess the name of the mag! ;>)

A new feature from the magazine is a set of 25 downloadable pics that are sized perfectly for the iPod Photo. Again, to keep this post focused more on the digital branding aspect, I'll let you guess what the pics are. The new feature is called "iBod"; if you're so inclined and of the appropriate age, click the post title for details.

It's simply amazing to me how far a brand can go. There are numerous iPod competitors that are at least as good, if not better in some ways, than the iPod. Some of these devices are also cheaper, but the fact remains that more people pick the iPod brand than any other. At this point, I'm waiting to see a hand-held lawn fertilizer called the iSod. ;)

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the referenced site, nor am I attempting to offend anyone with this post. For the inevitable person that misunderstands the intent behind this post, drop me a note.


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link