Tuesday, January 04, 2005

IE market share under 50%

OK, it's just the browser share hitting this site, but it's definitely a growing trend.



This is the first time I've seen statistics showing that Internet Explorer usage is below 50% here. I assume most savvy webmasters and bloggers are reviewing their stats as well. Curious if they are seeing the same thing. It's one thing for a research company to say "IE has (insert # here)% of the browser market share" but I can't see how they can accurately track that. I think the real proof is in the everyday webstats of everyday sites. My guess: by the end of 2005, we'll see two things:

1. Firefox gaining a "market share" of 20%
2. Microsoft battling back with enhancements to IE, dropping Firefox back to a 15% share for a short time.



Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link