Thursday, January 06, 2005

Skype 1.1 released

A new version of Skype for Windows is available; version 1.1 was released yesterday.



The newest version increases conference call capacity from 4 callers to 50 and adds a more intuitive interface. New graphics and "emoticons" are available through the instant messenger functionality as well. Instant messenger is renamed as "Chat" in this version.

Click "Read More" for more information.



I'm an avid Skype user on the desktop, but recently had problems using Skype on a brand new tablet PC. Whenever I used Skype on the tablet, my voice was fine on the receiving end, but when I listened to my caller, the sound was very choppy and in some cases, unintelligible. I was about to play with my sound settings on the tablet when I noticed the new Skype version. I installed it this evening and all of my calls were crystal clear after that. I don't know how the problem was fixed, but I'm liking this new version already!

On a related note: Skype announced today that they are working on their own answering machine functionality for Skype. Early word is that this will be a premium (read: you pay for it) service. For now, I'm going to stick with the third party Skype Answering Machine.


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link