Monday, March 14, 2005

Track your golf stats on a PPC for free

Now that winter is just about over here in the northern hemisphere, it's time for me to clean up my golf clubs and pretend I know what to do with them on the course. I'm a terrible golfer, but being the 'information junkie' that I am, I love to keep detailed statistics, no matter how bad they are. What better way than to keep the stats on a Windows Mobile device? It fits in your pocket or can sit in your golf cart; the perfect way to capture your golf data. There are plenty of good programs out there to buy for this purpose, but today I'm focusing on the free beta of LinksTrak:



LinksTrak is a no frills but functional way to keep details of your golf rounds for up to 4 players. You will need to enter course information but by using LinksTrak, you can gather statistics on your score, score in relation to par, fairways hit, greens in regulation and my best statistic: balls lost.

LinksTrak runs on the PocketPC operating system or better and requires the .NET Compact Framework. You can download LinksTrak by clicking the post title to visit the developers site. Thanks to FreewarePPC for the info!




Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link