Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Enhanced WM Today Tasks for free!

I think it was Windows CE 2.11 that had more Today screen type functions than the recent versions of Windows Mobile. I know you "old timers" will correct me if I'm wrong, but do I recall the following functions:

Email actually showed the sender and a header on the "today" screen
Tasks actually showed by name!

Well, I can't help you today with the e-mail, but I can help with the Tasks thanks to TaskPlus v 1.4; a freeware 3rd party application! In the screen shot below, you can see the standard Tasks section. I have 3 tasks....big deal! Look below for TaskPlus and tell me what you see!



Here's a few of the features available:
Each line display one task with start date, subject and due date.
Completed tasks are not displayed.

Following actions are available from Today screen:
- tap in subject text area = display and edit task details information
- tap in due date area (right date) = complete task after confirmation
- tap icon TaskPlus = display create new task screen
- tap right part of title or min / max icon = close / open TaskPlus list

TaskPlus is a 103KB download available from the developers site and has plenty of customizable features. Ah...this brings back memories of my old Compaq Aero in 2000...sniff, sniff...


Trackback links

Links to this post:

Create a Link