Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Opera 8.0 reviewed

I never thought of the web browser as a "killer app" that I would pay for. Its the application I use the most, but I've gotten spoiled by years of free Internet Explorer (ok, maybe not free, but part of the OS that I buy) and now Mozilla Firefox. So, why would I pay $39 for a web browser? Not sure that I would actually, so I'm going to read the Opera 8.0 review over at CNET:

"The Opera 8 Web browser has a lot going for it: a tabbed interface, tons of customizable skins, and some innovative navigation tools. And it should, because Opera 8 costs $39, although a free version is available if you're willing to tolerate banner ads. As a paid browser, Opera has always been on the cutting edge of browser innovation and was once considered the best alternative to Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (IE 6) until Mozilla Firefox came along. Still, Opera 8 offers a few features found in neither IE nor Firefox. If you're an early adopter, you won't mind paying."

For the full review, click the post title. How about it: any Opera users out there that can convince me to shell out the $39?



Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link