Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Google steals the Earth from Microsoft

Yesterday I mentioned the Virtual Earth from Microsoft, but apparently I overlooked the "other" Earth: Google's Earth. Check out item number 3 in this PC World article on the Google Factory Tour:

"Google is readying a software package called Google Earth, which is a Google-ized version of Keyhole, an astounding 3D mapping program from a company that Google acquired. It includes some built-in searching features that let you do things like see driving directions rendered as photographic flyover animations of actual the route you'll take."


I'd say the battle for the global domination continues and this time the prize is the entire Earth! I can hardly wait to see the finished product, so I can virtually zip around the world like a supersonic jet.


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link