Sunday, May 15, 2005

WinMobile 5.0 out but I'm not impressed....yet.

I heard the news on 5/10 just like everyone else: Windows Mobile 5.0 is announced. Maybe I just need to dig a little deeper, because I'm simply not impressed yet. In fact, my Dell Axim X50v is eligible for a paid upgrade in the 3rd quarter of the year, so between now then folks will have to convince me to upgrade. I have some not so happy thoughts on the techADDICTION blog:

"So basically, what did we get after two years from the last major version?
Pause....
....sound of crickets chirping....
.........longer pause....
Ok, maybe I’m overexaggerating, but seriously, how much do we have to show for two years of development? Sure, there’s some good new features, but not a whole heck of a lot. Let’s dig a little…"


Click the post title for my full thoughts and then shoot me a note. Will you upgrade if you can, and why???


Trackback links

2 Comments:

At 5/15/2005 10:29 PM, Anonymous Jake said...

I'm more of a Palm person myself. ;)

 
At 5/15/2005 11:12 PM, Blogger Kevin C. Tofel said...

Fair enough Jake! Now you don't have to go through the agony I do...."do I upgrade, or not?" ;)

If you ever decide to switch to a Windows Mobile device, save your Palm apps and try Style Tap. You can run Palm apps natively on WinMobile devices. James and I discuss this on the 8th techADDICTION podcast: http://www.thepodcastnetwork.com/ta/2005/05/01/techaddiction-show-8/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link