Monday, June 20, 2005

500% price increase for TXT messages?

Although I've become a much happier Verizon Wireless customer since I purchased my EVDO modem, I have to caution some folks that might not read their wireless bill too closely. According to my most recent Verizon Wireless bill, TXT messages received are increasing in price by a whopping 500%:

"On August 1, 2005, the charge to receive TXT Messages will increase from $0.02 to 0.10 per message. This will apply to domestic and international TXT Messages (and, if applicable, to any TXT messages in excess of the monthly allowance for Verizon Wireless TXT Messaging bundles). The charge for sending TXT Messages, both domestically and internationally, will not change. As of April 18, a new IN Messaging bundle is available to
Verizon Wireless customers. These bundles allow you to send and receive UNLIMITED TXT, PIX and FLIX Messages to and from any Verizon Wireless customer. Bundles start as low as $5 per month."

Yes, Verizon does offer you a $5 unlimited message package. However, I don't control who TXT messages me so I only see this deal for what it really is: a semi-"strongarm" tactic to get another five clams a month out of my wallet! Please direct any comments on this post to my e-mail address; whatever you do, don't TXT me!


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link