Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I think I'm completely digital!

With yesterday's receipt of the XM Roady2, I think my digital presence is now complete. Let's run down the list and see:

1. Television service = Digital via Dish Network and Over The Air (OTA) with a Panasonic Digital Tuner.
2. Radio = Digital via XM Radio.
3. Phone = Digital cellular via Verizon Wireless.
4. Home Internet = Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) via Verizon.
5. Away Internet = EVDO modem via Verizon Wireless.
6. Portable Music = 15 GB Dell DJ.
7. Magazine Subscriptions = Digital via Zinio.
8. Books = Digital via eReader.
9. Transportation = Toyota Highlander Hybrid coming soon. (OK, so there's a mechanical element too, but it's more "digital" than most other vehicles!)
10. Movies = Sony DVD and SACD player.
11. Televisions = 34-inch Panasonic widescreen HDTV and 27-inch Zenith fullscreen HDTV.
12. Computing devices = various, but certainly not Analog! ;)
13. Mobile computing = Dell Axim X50v.
14. Gaming console = Xbox.
15. Camera = 5 Megapixel by Kodak.
16. Pen = No ink; only works on the Tablet.

Is there anything left? Am I missing something? In all honesty, this post started as a joke, but the fact remains: analog technology no longer has a role in my life. How about you?



Trackback links

5 Comments:

At 6/29/2005 9:39 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

you must spend a lot on these digital babies.

Half of my list is not digital, especially my Nissan Sentra.

Wendy

 
At 6/29/2005 6:21 PM, Blogger Kevin C. Tofel said...

Basically every waking moment Wendy! Sounds crazy, but it's true; my world is pretty much digital. Heck, now that I think of it, my bed has a digital component too! We have a Select Comfort mattress that is adjustable on both sides. There is a wired remote for each side that has a digital readout from zero (softest) to 100 (hardest). I guess I can rephrase my first statement about every waking moment to be "every moment"!

 
At 7/05/2005 3:28 PM, Blogger WillyShake said...

Not to upset the apple cart, but...do you own any *books*??

;)

Great blog; glad I found it!

Best,
~Will

 
At 7/05/2005 7:06 PM, Anonymous Barb said...

Well you could always go for home automation next. And yes, Kevin does actually have 4 bookshelves full of hard back and paper back books read numerous times. I don't think he has bought an actual hard copy or paper copy book in a year. At least it saves space in the office. Horray for e.books. Now we will SD card shelves instead of bookshelves. At least they don't take up as much space. Great post Kevin. Keep up the great work.

 
At 7/11/2005 9:53 AM, Anonymous williamv van der Kraan said...

Which EReading device do you use? I guess tablet pc would be your pick of choice? I'm thinking of getting me a Cybook, which is bigger than pocket pc smaller than tablet but should just fit with me .. and they are so cheap these days!!
William

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link