Sunday, June 12, 2005

In progress: Boot Puppy Linux from SD?

On this week's techADDICTION show, we took a Skype VM that indicated Puppy Linux can run from a USB flash drive. Hmmmm....I'd like to push the limits a little and the Toshiba Portege M205 Tablet is just the thing to help. You see, the Tosh has a built in Secure Digital (SD) slot that is bootable. Yup, you heard right; you can boot from the SD slot. I just picked up a 512MB SD last week, so I'm going to give it a go.

At this point, I do have Puppy Linux booting from my USB connected CD drive, so next up is to get booted from the SD card if possible. For you Tosh M205 users: you can set the boot order of your Tablet in Control Panel, Toshiba HW Setup if you want. However, if you want to choose the boot device on the fly, just press either the left or right arrow on your keyboard when the Toshiba splash screen starts after power up. Using the arrow keys, you can pick (via icon) which device to boot from. More to follow as I see if the SD booting of Puppy Linux is possible!


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link