Wednesday, July 06, 2005

15 days of EVDO: worth it?

When I tell people that I'm forking over $80 a month to Verizon Wireless for EVDO access, most of them look at me like I'm strange. Then again, most of these same people look at me that way all of the time. In any case, I'll let you be the judge.

Do you think I'm getting my $80 worth a month in just the first 15 days? Here's the usage so far during the first 15 days:


Yes, those numbers are correct. Almost a full Gigabyte of bandwidth in just half of the first month. It is expensive, don't get me wrong. However, the idea of being connected anywhere at anytime continues to be well worth it.

Now that the Samsung i730 Windows Mobile phone with built-in EVDO is out, I have a feeling that many more you are about to agree with me.



Trackback links

3 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 9:37 PM, Anonymous Dave said...

Got the i730 kevin and making skype calls on this puppy while driving! FREE CALLING!!! .. I am 100% behind you!

 
At 7/07/2005 12:29 AM, Blogger Josh Bancroft said...

Now that EVDO is available in Portland, I desperately want to get my hands on the Samsung i730. I'm tempted to go EVDO-only, and use Skype (and SkypeOut/IN), as an experiment/case study. Wonder how that would go? :-)

 
At 8/22/2005 11:54 PM, Anonymous Steve said...

Kevin...i have the i730 and i'm not sure if it is a glitch that will eventually be corrected, but i was told by my instore verizon guy that i was able to access the EVDO high speed with the $50 unlimited data plan. Although EVDO is not available in my area, in a recent trip to detroit were it is now active i was able to use the high speed(which is sweet) and i was not charged anything extra for that access.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link