Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Google releases Google Talk client


Ready to take on Skype, Gizmo, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! IM with voice, Google introduced their new Google Talk client yesterday. I already like the fact that I can customize my status; something I've ranted about with my favorite VoIP client, Skype.

Google Talk integrates with your Gmail account to show you new messages and also pulls in your Gmail contacts. So far it looks good; I can't tell you how it sounds just yet because I haven't used the voice feature. More to follow on that as well as recording possibilities from the client. There are no recording features built in, but Google tends to be pretty open with their clients. My expectation is that the APIs will be availalbe for extending the application.


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link