Saturday, September 24, 2005

Treo 700w screen resolution

What an amazing week for Palm, Microsoft and Verizon. We finally got confirmation that there is indeed a Windows Mobile 5.0 Palm device and it will run on the Verizon Wireless network. The timing is perfect as I was just saying in our last CommuteCast podcast that I need a good SmartPhone. I love my Axim X50v, but my chunky and clunky phone has to go. The new Treo should be a perfect match for me, especially since I'm an EV-DO addict!

Tons of folks keep wondering about the screen res on the new device. Guess what folks: there are two and only two possibilities: 240 x 240 or 480 x 480. These were the only two screen resolutions supported on square screens when WM 2003 SE was born. WM 5.0 hasn't changed that as far as I know, so it's a 50-50 shot on the screen resolution.

My gut feeling tells me that the Treo will have a 240 x 240 screen. As much as I would like to see the higher res, this device will be pricey enough and a 480 x 480 would add a good premium. I also think that the first few folks that have actually seen the device would have noticed the clarity if it was 480 x 480. Since those who have actually seen the device haven't had an eye-popping experience with the screen, it's likely it's the lower of the two resolutions.


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link