Saturday, October 08, 2005

Goodbye eReader...on the PDA that is!

Looks like I'm giving up the most used app on my Dell Axim X50v. Surprisingly, it's eReader! I read books wherever I am, whenever I have time. Since I carry my Axim with me everywhere, it's the perfect eBook reader for me.

With the Windows Mobile 5.0 powered Palm Treo 700W due out in two months, I'm already trying to get used to living without my 3.7" VGA screen. As a result, I decided to install eReader on my Tablet, and so far, I'm happy with the outcome. Sure I can't carry books in my pocket, but I can see more words on the page and the res is even better!

What are you using these days to read eBooks?



Trackback links

3 Comments:

At 10/09/2005 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

still using MS Reader. It just works :)

 
At 10/09/2005 7:53 AM, Blogger Kevin C. Tofel said...

True, but there are two things I really like about eReader: better DRM implementation and my bookshelf is kept on their site so I can download what I need. I often re-read books but don't want them stored on my device unless I'm actually using them.

 
At 10/09/2005 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're right about the DRM, but I managed to free my books of their DRM so I can use them on all my devices. And my books are stored in the fictionwise online shop - I can just grab em (with DRM) when I need them, but since SD memory is dirt cheap, I just have 'em all with me all the time :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link