Saturday, October 08, 2005

TinyScreenfuls.com: Blogger.com Finally Adds Trackbacks. Er, "Backlinks"

Nice to see this implemented; I just turned it on for my blog. One disappointment though: you need to click it to see if there ARE any trackbacks. It would be nice if it told you if there were any and how many there are. I hate clicking links that provide me no value.

One nice feature for any Blogger users: if you are reading a Blogger post somewhere and want to blog it on your Blogger blog, there is a link to let you do that. It creates the trackback and also creates a post on your blog. That's how I did this post: via the original post at TinyScreenfuls. I also think thats a record for using "Blogger" and "blog" over and over in the same sentence. ;)


Trackback links

3 Comments:

At 10/08/2005 1:10 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I am waiting for the trackback function for soo long time. Sorry to all the authors whom I should give credit

 
At 10/08/2005 1:27 PM, Blogger Kevin C. Tofel said...

Don't feel TOO bad Wendy. It seems as there is some retro-active backlinking going on. I checked some previous posts and see some trackbacks now appearing. Interesting! I wonder if Blogger is using the Google Blogsearch to identify some of the links.

 
At 10/10/2005 2:04 AM, Blogger Ben said...

Hmm, well I just tried it out - guessing my way through it. I was trying to add a trackback post on my blog, to this one.

They're both even Blogger blogs, yet unless it's yet to refresh to show it, it isn't working.

My attempted trackback blog post is here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link