Sunday, November 27, 2005

Giving thanks

I'm a little late on this one, but the Thanksgiving holiday gave me some time to clear my head and think about what I'm thankful for. The list is fairly extensive because I consider myself a very lucky individual. I hope you took (or can take) a few minutes to give thanks for what you have and where you're headed. My list is after the jump...

- I have give thanks to Barb. She lets me spend countless hours between work and hobbies to let me do what love to do. Actually, it's not "countless" since she and I just went through a basic week and figured that I'm on the computer for about 14 hours per day, every day of the week. Ouch! I definitely spend too much time "working" and I don't want to jeapordize a happy future with her.
- I also have to give thanks to my many supportive friends that read what I write and let me go on and on about some of the silly things I do. Of special note are great folks like James, Dave, and Paul.
- Along the same lines are the folks that I only know through their comments to my blog; great folks like Mike, Josh, Kay and so many other great people that read what I write or listen to Barb and I on our commute.
I'm very thankful for the opportunity that Weblogs, Inc. has given me as the lead blogger for HD Beat. Matt and RJ help fill the blog with great posts and the readers make it all worthwhile with their feedback and comments. I'm especially thankful for the fantastic support and environment provided by Jason, Brian, Judith, Barb, Shawn and Jade.
- A special thank-you has to go out to my ex-wife. Our son Tyler lives with her most of the time and she does an outstanding job taking care of him and helping him to be the 8-year old version of me. Hopefully, he'll turn out even better; if he does, he can thank his mother.

I hope you each enjoyed your Thanksgiving; take some time to thank the important people in your life. At the very least, make sure they realize they are important to you!


Trackback links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link