Friday, December 16, 2005

Skype 2.0 beta debug info?

Interesting experience with the Skype 2.0 beta yesterday while on a video call: when I let my cursor hover over the video frame, a bunch of program data appeared. James and I were chatting about our podcast with Dave when this happened, but he couldn't replicate what I was seeing. We did check our Skype versions and they were both version 2.0.0.43. Hmmmm....

There's some interesting info here; CPU usage, call quality, error codes, codec information and more. Maybe I can stop using Task Manager? ;)

I can still replicate the popup window today, so it must be something unique about my version. Is anyone else seeing this? If not, click the picture for a full size shot and let me know what you think.



Trackback links

2 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 3:32 PM, Anonymous Kay said...

I'm getting the same and have even seen this in 1.4x - it's a nice feature but could scare of some users I think.

However, it's handy for me to see how the line is...

 
At 12/18/2005 8:33 AM, Blogger Kevin C. Tofel said...

Kay, I stumbled on to the reason I saw this (when I wasn't looking, of course!). There's a checkbox in the Skype Options to "Show Technical Call Data" and I apparently had that checked. I agree: comes in handy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link