Thursday, December 08, 2005

Video of streaming HDTV to an Xbox 360

What can I say; it's a video kind of day. Aside from the new webcam, I also used Barb's digital camera to record a video today that you can see on HD Beat. I'll warn you now: the video quality isn't great and the file is 75MB in size. I wasn't going for quality, which was easy since I don't have the equipment to make an Oscar-winning film! :)

I went for concept with this, because it isn't something you see every day, however it is something you WILL see every day in a few years. What is it? I recently built up a base Windows Media Center PC and added HDTV capability to it for under $1k. The entire step-by-step process is over at HD Beat.

Now that I have the machine built and running well, I've started to stream the HD content (both live and recorded) to my Xbox 360 via WiFi and Windows Media Connect. This video basically shows you that it can be done, and I outline one or two "gotchas" in the commentary. If you've got the time and the bandwidth, check it out!


Trackback links

2 Comments:

At 12/16/2005 4:14 AM, Blogger Johan said...

The "check it out!" link is not working.

 
At 12/16/2005 6:36 AM, Blogger Kevin C. Tofel said...

Thanks Johan; I had an extra "http:" in there thinking that would make the link load twice as fast! ;) Fixed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home>>

Links to this post:

Create a Link